Information for chairs of panels:
· Each presentation is 20minutes. Your primary task is to make sure that the speakers keep to the schedule and do not end up taking precious minutes from the last speaker.
· In your introduction you don't have to give the speaker's whole resume and list his publications. Timeis precious. It's enough to say his/her name, academic affiliation, and the title of the address.
· After the lectures, open the forum for questions. But please state clearly that you are asking for short questions or comments, and try to avoid an "extra speech" given by a member of the audience.
· It's up to you whether to ask for all the questions and then get them answered one by one, or whether to allow a discussion of each question as it's raised.
· Certain panels also have a discussant, and it's important to also leave him or her time to speak and respond to the presentations.
· The success of the conference hinges on keeping things on schedule. It's very important to open and close the panel sessions on time.