AIS is open to all individuals who are engaged in, or share an interest in, scholarly inquiry about the State of Israel. The Association’s membership is composed of scholars from all disciplines in the social sciences and the humanities.
- Full online access Israel Studies Review: Three new issues a year plus year-long access to all previous online issues on the Berghahn-hosted ISR website as well as access to the full digitized archive on JSTOR
- E-mail delivery of AIS newslink, the Association’s newsletter
- Advertisement of new books on the AIS website and to the AIS listserv and display of books on the AIS-members table at the AIS Annual Meeting (with cost)
- Voting privileges
- Eligibility for submission and consideration for the Association’s awards
- Discount (25%) on all Berghahn Books Publications
- Faculty $85
- Non-faculty $55
These rates include full online access to ISR and its archive.
- Membership is annual, by calendar year. Each membership ends on December 31 in the year the membership was processed.
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
Introducing the AIS Lifetime Membership!
AIS Lifetime Membership!
With the AIS Lifetime Membership, you’ll gain unrestricted access to our exclusive resources for life.
Become a lifelong member of the AIS community. Join us in fostering innovation and scholarly growth for generations to come.
Membership is $1,000.
Institutional Membership is designed for programs and departments that offer a B.A., M.A. or Ph.D. in Israel Studies. Institutional members comprise a distinguished group of Israel Studies programs in many countries and make a huge difference in the extent of aid and opportunities the Association can offer to the next generation of scholars in the field. There are two levels of institutional membership, each of which bears a distinct set of benefits. To become an Institutional Member, please fill out the AIS Institutional Membership form.
By affiliating with the AIS, your institution may become part of the expanding scholarly discourse pertaining to Israel, its history, its society, its culture, and its place in the Middle East and in the world. AIS Affiliate institutions from various places around the globe contribute to making a significant difference in expanding the intellectual horizons of the field and in extending the aid and opportunities the Association can offer to the next generation of scholars in the field.
The cost of affiliation is $250 per year, and the benefits include the following:
- One free registration for the AIS annual conference
- Mention in the AIS annual conference program and the AIS Website
- Unlimited advertising through AIS social media
For more details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to access the AIS Affiliation Membership 2024.
INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERS 2023
• Center for Israeli Studies, American University
• Schusterman Center for Israel Studies, Brandeis University
• Azrieli Institute of Israel Studies, Concordia University
• The Michael and Elaine Serling Institute for Jewish Studies and Modern Israel at Michigan State University
• The Taub Center for Israel Studies, New York University
• The Ben–Gurion Research Institute for the Study of Israel & Zionism, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
• The Crown Family Center for Jewish and Israel Studies, Northwestern University
• Department of Jewish Studies & The Allen and Joan Blinder Center for the Study of Jewish Life, Rutgers University
• The Arizona Center for Judaic Studies, The University of Arizona
• Institute for Israel Studies/Schusterman Center for Jewish Studies University, The University of Texas at Austin
• The Helen Diller Institute for Jewish Law and Israel Studies, University of California, Berkeley
• The Y&S Nazarian Center for Israel Studies, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
• The Program in Jewish Culture and Society, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• Gildenhorn Institute for Israel Studies, University of Maryland
• The Schwalb Center for Israel & Jewish Studies, University of Nebraska
• Mosse/Weinstein Center for Jewish Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
AFFILIATE MEMBERS 2023
• Heksherim Research Institute for Jewish and Israeli Literature & Culture, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
• Judaic Studies, University of Cincinnati
• Center for Judaic Studies and Contemporary Jewish Life, University of Connecticut
• Center for Jewish Studies, Wesleyan University