JOBS RELATED TO ISRAEL STUDIES
Lafayette College & Lehigh University
The Lafayette College Department of Languages and Literary Studies & the Lehigh University Department of Modern Languages and Literatures invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track position in Modern Hebrew beginning fall 2024
- The applicant must possess native/near-native fluency in Hebrew, with a Ph.D.
required in Modern Hebrew or related field by the date of hire.
- The position involves teaching three courses per semester, specifically, beginning and intermediate Hebrew, and at least one additional course each year (in writing, film studies, or literature in translation, as examples) at the two Lehigh Valley institutions.
- Teaching will take place both in-person and in hybrid mode. The ideal candidate
will demonstrate the potential to coordinate with and build upon other aspects of a comprehensive program in Jewish Studies, including literature, film, and drama in both Hebrew and in translation, and/or modern Israeli culture.
- Advanced Hebrew students could take courses in these areas for Hebrew language credit.
- The successful candidate will be given dedicated resources to develop new courses and access to robust faculty development opportunities through the Lafayette Center for the Integration of Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship, and through the Lehigh Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning.
- The candidate should demonstrate experience with multi-media textbook platforms, interest in language acquisition pedagogy, and a strong commitment to teaching excellence.
Candidates apply through Academic Jobs Online: